
I came across this recipe on a site and thought I would share it with you. It is so simple to do but the results are wonderful.
You will need:
2 Cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 Granny Smith Apples
2 Sticks of butter (And I do mean butter)
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla
4-6 oz of Mountain Dew
Cinnamon
Butter a 9 x 13 pan. Peel and core apples and slice (8 slices per apple). Roll one slice of apple per crescent roll. Place in pan. Melt butter and combine sugar. Add 1 tsp. of vanilla. Do not over stir. You want it lumpy.
Pour butter and sugar mixture over the crescent rolls. Then pour Mountain Dew in the cracks of the rolls NOT directly on the rolls. You need enough liquid that the roll is in half liquid and half exposed. Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon on top. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees and serve with vanilla ice-cream. YUMMY!!!!!
I'm talkin' finger lickin' good here.
By Moira(discovered my Ree)




4 comments:
These dumplings were so easy to make & they were the best thing I have tasted in a long time. I am not a fan of apple pie but yet these dumplings were delicious. Make double the amount because you will want left overs.
I'm making my third batch. Dang you!!!
Extremely tasty and very easy.
What can I say girls? I've discovered that I can't have the supplies in the house all the time or I would make tons of them.
Very yummy, but ADDICTIVE!!..lol
So I made these tonight, I know, big surprise. But this time I put a spoonful of raspberry pie filling with the slice of apple.....So good.
More messy to roll...but very good.
Post a Comment