I came across this recipe(Tiff, it is your friend's site Rookie Cookie) and thought I would try it out. We had it for dinner tonight and it was very good. The idea of the Artichoke Hearts scared me but it was a pleasant surprise. I couldn't find the sun-dried tomatoes...I'm sure it adds great flavor. We had it with caesar salad and garlic bread.
And the kids liked it...YAY!!! We had apples and dip for dessert.
1 lb. penne pasta (I thought that was too much and used about 3/4 of the box)
Olive oil
2 shallots, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded and striped of any bones (I just sauteed and cut into cubes...two chicken breasts)
1 7.5 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 6 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 cup basil, sliced thinly
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, shredded and more for garnish
In a large pot, add water and salt and set to boil. Add pasta and boil until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet set to medium high. Add shallots and garlic and cook until softened. Add chicken, tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Stir until heated through. Stir in heavy cream, butter and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and let simmer for 5 minutes, so that the sauce thickens.
Stir in the basil, parsley and Parmesan and stir to combine. Add pasta to a large pasta bowl and add sauce. Toss to combine and add more Parmesan on top.
By Moira
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment